To apply for an available position, please send cover letter, resume, samples of work or other relevant information – anything that would help us make a decision – to careers@TRACEinternational.org.
Interested in an internship with TRACE? Learn about our Summer Internship Program below.
TRACE is now accepting applications for the following positions for immediate consideration:
Attorney (Annapolis, MD)
TRACE International, Inc., a dynamic and growing non-profit membership association in Annapolis, Maryland, provides practical and cost-effective anti-bribery compliance solutions for multinational companies and their commercial intermediaries. TRACE provides several core services and products, including: due diligence reports on commercial intermediaries; model compliance policies; an online Resource Center; in-person and online anti-bribery training; and research on corporate best practices. For multinational companies, TRACE provides a practical and cost-effective alternative to increasingly expensive and time-consuming corporate compliance. For commercial intermediaries, TRACE offers a marketing advantage by creating a bridge between them and companies doing business internationally.
Conducting rigorous, enhanced anti-bribery due diligence reviews
Working directly with TRACE member companies to support their compliance efforts
Providing in person and online training for members
Performing risk assessments relating to anti-bribery compliance programs
2-4 years of law firm experience or accounting firm experience
Experience conducting comprehensive due diligence or similar investigations
Ability to synthesize complex investigations into accessible, lay terms
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) experience
Availability for international travel
Fluency in at least one foreign language (desirable but not mandatory)
Strong academic credentials and writing skills
Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism while working independently and managing multiple responsibilities
Excellent communication skills, including formal presentation skills
High level of ethics, values and integrity
TRACE offers competitive salary, bonus structure, and comprehensive benefits. Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Due Diligence Associate (Annapolis, MD)
TRACE is a dynamic and growing company in Annapolis, Maryland, that provides practical and cost-effective anti-bribery compliance solutions for multinational companies and their commercial intermediaries. TRACE is looking for numerous analytical and process-oriented individuals for our due diligence business. A key component of anti-bribery compliance is a due diligence review of businesses and individuals operating in overseas markets.
- Responsible for completing a variety of due diligence reviews
- Manages multiple files and is responsible for ongoing correspondence with the intermediary/agent
- Responsible for understanding FCPA concepts to request appropriate follow-up on relevant issues and evaluation of the information obtained to ensure it meets product requirements.
- Must be able to perform database searches of key individual and company names across multiple databases, analyze the results and then send appropriate follow-up requests to the intermediary/agent.
- Expected to produce high quality professional reports within the anticipated cycle times.
- Occasionally called on to use their due diligence skills to assist with consulting and other projects.
- Those with foreign language skills provide translations in support of TRACE products and projects, review TRACE materials prepared in other languages and assist other associates with files requiring their language skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Intercultural Communication, Political Science, Law, International Studies, Library Science, Languages, or a related field.
- At least 1-2 years’ office experience
- At least 2 years’ experience with MS Word and Excel
- Complete fluency in Romanian (writing, speaking, listening, and reading)
- Have relevant research and/or large-firm paralegal experience
- Are detail-oriented and highly organized
- Possess strong time-management, analytical and issue-spotting skills
- Can multi-task and prioritize among many different assignments
- Have an understanding of corporate ownership structures
- Are familiar with Lexis Diligence and/or Westlaw
We offer a competitive salary, bonus structure, and comprehensive benefits. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Business Development Manager (Brazil)
TRACE is a dynamic and growing international organization based in Annapolis, Maryland that provides anti-bribery compliance solutions for companies with global operations. We are seeking an energetic individual to join our international business development team. This position is based in São Paulo, Brazil. Ideal candidates will be results-driven and have an understanding of the consultative, intangible relationship-based sales role. Candidates must be equally effective at generating and qualifying new sales leads as well as closing business with new multinational companies. We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure.
You will be targeting new corporate clients and members in Brazil using your existing network as well as supplied leads. This is a new role and requires a strategic thinker and proactive individual. You will be focused on delivering anti-bribery compliance solutions to multinational companies operating in a variety of verticals. The sales process can be complex at times with long sales cycles.
- Identify and target new corporate clients and members in Brazil and drive regional growth
- Generate new business opportunities via cold calling, responding to inbound leads and participating in RFPs and attending events
- Manage a sales pipeline of opportunities with ability to forecast and close deals
- Prospect to assigned target accounts with the goal of generating interest in TRACE and securing a follow-up discussion and / or demo
- Engage compliance professionals in targeted prospect accounts
- Negotiate contracts, develop pricing strategies and prepare proposals
- Utilize direct marketing strategies, sales force building, sales process management and marketing support materials to develop and execute sales
- Develop and present on sound business conclusions from gathered information
- Improve KPIs (e.g., conversion rates, acquisition rates, retention rates)
- Work collaboratively with other departments to support overall growth of TRACE
- Develop long term valued relationships with members and clients
- Identify industry trends and continually develop knowledge of anti-bribery compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing or business related subject preferred.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese.
- Knowledge of Spanish preferred.
- 3+ years of sales and business development experience
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Proven track record in consulting/solution selling
- Excellent customer interface skills – ability to deliver presentations and drive meetings
- Significant degree of self-motivation, direction and integrity
- Strong reporting and data management skills
- Experience working closely with senior-level management
- Knowledge of due diligence and FCPA/anti-bribery compliance preferred
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Summer Internship Program
The TRACE Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience through hands-on assignments and direct mentorship from TRACE’s experienced management team. Summer interns benefit from a number of networking and industry-specific events that promote professional development. Applications for the 2017 TRACE Summer Internship Program are now closed. TRACE will being accepting applications for the 2018 cohort in Spring 2018. For general inquiries please write to, careers@TRACEinternational.org.